Saturday 7 April 2012

I beg to differ,my friend

    I have just read a point of view article in this weeks R.T. BBC. by Bettany Hughes.
I'm probably the last to get on this band wagon of opinion as I was late  and picking up my copy this week.
As I was looking something else up in the scriptures of the King James, I took this historian's article and put the inspired findings to argue. That history and the inspired word of God makes no bones about how we should perceive the preserved word of God. The Holy Spirit inspired a huge array of people to write the scriptures. It confuses me why this gal feels so defencive about how influential woman were in history and how woman influence the scriptures.
    As for the comment 'who knows whether God is a girl,'....I think her beloved vicar has his work cut out. There are plenty of references to woman in scriptures(and men for that matter) that would do well to not stand in the spot light.
    In Matthew 13:49-50 And he stretched forth his hand(Jesus) toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
   For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother and sister, and mother.
So actually, I don't think there are too many pedestals there.
    Here's the thing. We see all to often where religion is concerned, that there is a hierarchy on earth
that is confusing and judgemental. Naw, free yourself from these pressures. Their works on earth, stay on earth. If having a relationship with God and saying, 'Hey', when you kick off, matters to you, it's simple.
     Luke 10:23-28. And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes that see the things that ye see:
    For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
    And behold a certain lawyer, stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
    He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
    And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and that shall live.

    I believe, this is why.
No paradox. Doesn't everyone crave that from a relationship?

Love, Val. x

                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment