Wednesday 25 April 2012

Wish I had stayed in bed.

   Just when you think you've got a day mapped out.
I had to hold my hands up and throw myself on the mercy of the bus driver, having given in to applying for a new bus pass.
At first, I resented having to pay the 'lost' penalty, but I've already spent that on petrol in the last three days driving her myself!
Could she please, PLEASE, get on the bus in the meantime? (Flashing my best impersonation of Puss from Shrek. Which probably in reality made myself look as though I was suffering from a nut allergy.)
I was driven to do such a thing because I was crazed with traffic tension.
I didn't fancy finding out which one was going to crumble first, me or the 'billy cart'. (car)
That night, I went to bed frazzled, but relieved the bus driver took pity on my tangled facial expression.
I agreed, appreciating what would be fair in front of the other children. I had to ask.
   The next morning, I watched the animated exchange of understanding between the Peep and said bus driver.
I mentally punched the air, as the bus drove away with all the peeps on it!
The dog would get a longer walk that day. 'Yes!'
   That same afternoon, I get home from my part time job and crack on with the south face of the Edgier looming from the laundry hamper in the kitchen.
Every thing happens in the kitchen. Art, cooking, disco, coffee house, office and yes, laundry.
I have the radio turned up while the washing machine is doing zumba in the corner.
Can't then hear the phone ringing.
Eventually, I hear the answer phone kick in.
It's playing dance music.
Then my bag goes off like an angry hornet.
While all this is going on, I'm doing my best to inhale a humus salad wrap and trying to pull up a documentary on the lap-top. I couldn't seem to do either successfully without it escaping through the other end.
   Anyway, this hornet wont give over and I answer it.
Three missed calls from Moopa and two from li'l Peep's school. The school try again.
Uh oh.
"Your daughter has had an accident. it probably needs looking at. Can you collect her now please?"
"As soon as I can!"
   Right, kicked myself into fifth gear, ......remember pain relief, call Moopa, turn off lap-top, take dog out for a wee, wipe humus off jumper, stump impatiently around outside because she won't wee.
All and more accomplished and I rattle off to try to beat the mounting Friday traffic.
   When Peeps came out of the sick room, it looked as though she had shoved her games jersey down the side of her sock. Needs looking at,... I can see it from here thanks!
Nearly made me sick!
Off to take my busted up little soldier off to minor injuries.
They know us there.
I wanted to cuddle away the pain, she was in allot of it. Right, hospital.
The urgency was desperate as she felt every bump in the road, finally get there and she can't even hop.
This isn't just any injured ankle, this is an M&S injured ankle.
   Life stood still after we signed in.
Finally the ex-rays. Then a discussion as to what next.
Maybe they were closed at the fracture clinic, but they decided to treat whatever was going on as a break. The plaster was gargantuan and weighed a stupid amount.
Consequently, she stayed in bed for three days trying not to move. Pain relief just never seems enough. 
Thus, I prayed for a conclusive out come of all this at the next visit to the fracture clinic.
Our prayers were answered, we all mused over this odd ex-ray and decided it was tendon and ligament damage.
Peeps is now the proud owner of a much lighter, light blue cast.
Her big sister has given her a much needed pedicure and love heart designs on the top.
Now, I wonder how I'm going to get her to into the non-negotiable rain protection, so she doesn't come home with a carrier bag full of unravelled light blue cast.
    Still can't find her bus-pass.
Love Val X

No comments:

Post a Comment