Thursday 5 April 2012

Love, Spit, Pray.

Hello,
My blog has been made because, I cannot as such be pigeon holed and sometimes my thoughts need a bit of a breeze.
I hope you enjoy reading my posts.
This is my first post so here goes...
    
    Yesterday, I wanted to hide.
I also wish to add I have little or no patience for self pity. Oh I wouldn't begrudge anyone a few hours of wallowing, as long as they left room for accepting 'The right thing to do.' BE A MAN!
But actually, life can be slightly more complicated than that.
I wanted to hide, because it wasn't just me that became painfully aware of our financial situation.
   My long suffering husband and I spent the whole day leading up to the realisation that we will be living on our wits and beans with toast until pay day.
The children are on half term, it's Easter Hols and our financial safety net has an obscene hole in it.
But I'm also aware that people all over are experiencing this in some degree or other.
   You can spit in any direction in this village and find someone I wouldn't swap places with.
Particularly as someones just spat on them.
Our car is rough, but at least I can get to the garage if I need to.
Our flat is small, but we have our own beds.
Our garden is designed by God.
If he feels we need nettles and brambles, then whom am I to question ? It over looks a vast farmer's field and the tree lined river beyond.
Wouldn't be a farmer either. Too much spit.
   I guess what I'm trying to say, there Is a trick to getting through all this.
This particular one works for me.
Openly appreciate those you love.
Keep positive, that helps if your canoe has tipped over. (metaphor)
I have a faith that releases me from commercial confines.
Easter for me is knowing that with the blood sacrifice of our Lord, means all doubts of his love are completely unfounded. No doubts.
No paradox.
No relying on my own understanding. Which to be honest has in the past, has put me right off.
Christianity is not something to be taken lightly. In order for me to function as a Christian, it means patience for the people that also can spit in any direction for them to come across someone they wouldn't want to trade places with.
Don't worry, I'm not patronising you or anyone else, just wiping the spit off and thanking God I have a hankey.
Love, Val.
  

1 comment:

  1. Hello Val, Looking forward to reading about all the goings on in the Small Village :) The Lord bless you. Barry & Piera x

    ReplyDelete